Thatcher's Story

Thatcher's Story
I didn't want this to get lost in my list of posts, so I am creating a place so that everyone can easily access this link. Please read this touching story about baby Thatcher, our friends son who was born with a rare liver disease and is in need of a liver transplant. Jessie has worked closely with Brad for over 4 years and I became friends with her while working at WSA until I left last spring. Thatcher was born a month before Braden and this story really hits home for me. When I look at Braden I think about how incredibly lucky I am. This could just as easily be our him going through this. Jessie will most likely be the living donor for Thatcher and they are in need of our prayers! I promise you will be touched by reading this story. Thanks!

Saturday, January 26, 2008

47 Letters

I copied this from my friends Carrie's blog. This is also a very strong conviction of mine as well, and I hope you will consider taking the time to write a letter for the unborn!

January 22, 2008 was the 35th remembrance of the Supreme Courts decision on abortion.
I hope you have heard in the news about an amendment that is trying to be passed in the State Senate. You can read more about it from these two articles from today. Please take the time to read these and be informed.

tennessean

knoxnews

Here’s the deal:
A new proposed amendment could pave the way for abortion guidelines such as informed consent, a waiting period and hospitalization in a second trimester.
The next chance to vote on this would be in 2010 ( in the governor’s election year).
Getting that vote requires passage by both House and Senate this year and both chambers next year by a two-thirds margin.
If not, the next chance for an abortion amendment is 2014.
I cannot keep thinking about the fact that many women decide not to have an abortion if they are informed of what is actually going to be happening and understand what they are doing. That is a big issue! They have a right to know. And the baby has a right to live.
I know this is a sensitive topic…but this is my conviction. My hope is that we will speak up on behalf of the unborn babies that could not speak for themselves. More than 47 million of them. That is why I called this post “47 Letters.” We are writing on behalf of them. My hope is for 47 of you to take the time to write a letter…by email ( or handwritten if you wish- but make it quick) to the people who represent us and who will be making these decisions. I truly believe that they will listen and represent the people well-if they speak up. I am not telling you what to say…but make it brief, respectful, and genuine. You have an opportunity to make a difference!
Please read these tips before you write in.

Tips on Writing a Letter to Congress

Hear are the links for email. You can pick randomly or find your representative.
Tennessee Senators
Tennessee Representative ( you will have to click on “House” and “Members” )

Feel free to copy and paste this info and get the word out. The Senate will be looking at this amendment next Wednesday!

0 comments: