Thatcher's Story

Thatcher's Story
I didn't want this to get lost in my list of posts, so I am creating a place so that everyone can easily access this link. Please read this touching story about baby Thatcher, our friends son who was born with a rare liver disease and is in need of a liver transplant. Jessie has worked closely with Brad for over 4 years and I became friends with her while working at WSA until I left last spring. Thatcher was born a month before Braden and this story really hits home for me. When I look at Braden I think about how incredibly lucky I am. This could just as easily be our him going through this. Jessie will most likely be the living donor for Thatcher and they are in need of our prayers! I promise you will be touched by reading this story. Thanks!

Saturday, January 12, 2008

English Garden-Open for Business!


The KitchenGlass case full of Mom's goodies!What can I get into over here?Connor loves his Nonna!Pass the tea, please! Dining Room #1Connor really liked Aunt Linda's pretty necklace!


Dining Room #2 Dont worry! We got to him before he ripped the picture off of the easel.




Today we surprised Nonna by making the long trip to see her new Tea room! The English Garden Tea room and Gift Shop has been open for a little over a month now, but I am just now getting around to doing a post about it. I have been there to help them set things up, but I havent actually been there since they opened for business since it was around the time of the holidays and Connors birthday. We just hadnt had time to get down there. It is about an hour and twenty minutes from my house, so that makes it hard to get down there very often. However, as soon as Connor gets a little older I am really looking forward to helping out whenever I can. They have done a beautiful job and I cant tell you how proud I am of them for making their dream become a reality! I know many people who talk about doing something they dream about, but not many actually DO IT. They are incredibly blessed to have the resources to accomplish that dream and are very thankful for that. I hope that everyone from the area can arrange a visit to the English Garden and experience a "tea" there! If you have never had a "high tea", you are in for a treat. It is a custom that is indulged in everyday in England. It is a very relaxing and laid back way to catch up with friends or celebrate a special occasion. The English Garden is located in Gallatin, just outside the square on College Street. They are open from 10:00- 4:00 for the gift shop and 10:00- 2:00 for tea. Go and visit if you can!

10 comments:

carriehayes said...

YAY Tara! I didn't know it was open! i can't wait to go! I am going to post about it on my blog too!!!

Darby said...

Your new blog layout is amazing! The Tea House looks amazing! Mama is so excited about coming tomorrow!!! I can't wait to come very soon! Love yall!

Wadsworth Family- said...

How exciting! I bet everything is so good. It looks so comfy.I'll have to tell mom to go visit.

Courtney said...

WOW!! It looks beautiful! Congrats to your mom and Aunt for following their dream. I wish I could come for high tea. By the way I love the new layout!! It makes me wish for spring to get here soon!

Anonymous said...

By the way JST Committee is Courtney!

Lindsey said...

oh i love it and wish i could go! we have a really cute old english tea room here in wake and i love to go :) do they have hats they let people wear while they are there? cute idea if not :)

Nikki said...

Tara, it looks beautiful. I can't wait to go. Mom, Heather and I will have to take a road trip with Sailor for a girls trip to the Tea Room.

Casey said...

That is so great, I didn't know they had opened a tea room. Tell your mom congratulations for me!

Katie said...

Oh this is GREAT! I am so excited for them! I will have to make the drive down the road to visit.

Anonymous said...

Lynn, Linda and I had a wonderful visit with your mom on Monday! We had homemade chicken salad, potato soup, quiche and numerous desserts including Lynn's favorite-Hungarian Butter Horns! And of course, tea! Everything was absolutely delicious!!! The tea room is beautiful and the whole experience was like therapy. It was wonderful visiting with my sweet friend. I am so very happy for your mom!
Love, Robin