Thatcher's Story

Thatcher's Story
I didn't want this to get lost in my list of posts, so I am creating a place so that everyone can easily access this link. Please read this touching story about baby Thatcher, our friends son who was born with a rare liver disease and is in need of a liver transplant. Jessie has worked closely with Brad for over 4 years and I became friends with her while working at WSA until I left last spring. Thatcher was born a month before Braden and this story really hits home for me. When I look at Braden I think about how incredibly lucky I am. This could just as easily be our him going through this. Jessie will most likely be the living donor for Thatcher and they are in need of our prayers! I promise you will be touched by reading this story. Thanks!

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Cake for Baby Drew


I have had this idea for making a baby shower cake for a while now, and I have been dying to make it. Since we are having a little party for a guy in our office who is expecting (this week actually), I thought it was the perfect time to try it. I made the cake last night and stuck it in the fridge, so I would have enough time to play around with it today in case I had to make an emergency call to order one at the last minute. The blocks were time consuming since I had to ice all the way around, but I thought it turned out OK. Of course it looks better in the cake decorating cookbook that I have, but they always do. I was a little disappointed in the icing and probably wont make the same kind again, but other than that it turned out as planned. I decided to spell out (Its a Boy) instead of doing all baby blocks. His name is going to be Drew and that is where the other letters came from. Connor went to sleep at 12:00 and is still asleep at 3:30! It worked out great and gave me some time to work on it without interruption!

4 comments:

The Davis Family said...

Very cute and looks yummy too!

Darby said...

You did great!!! You're definitely getting good at this cake and icing thing! ;-)

carriehayes said...

how cute! that is such a neat idea and you did a great job! call me so we can plan a date! love you!

Anonymous said...

how cute!!!!!