Thatcher's Story

Thatcher's Story
I didn't want this to get lost in my list of posts, so I am creating a place so that everyone can easily access this link. Please read this touching story about baby Thatcher, our friends son who was born with a rare liver disease and is in need of a liver transplant. Jessie has worked closely with Brad for over 4 years and I became friends with her while working at WSA until I left last spring. Thatcher was born a month before Braden and this story really hits home for me. When I look at Braden I think about how incredibly lucky I am. This could just as easily be our him going through this. Jessie will most likely be the living donor for Thatcher and they are in need of our prayers! I promise you will be touched by reading this story. Thanks!

Monday, January 21, 2008

My little boy

I have been tagged by Carrie to write 8 things about Connor. So here they go...


1. Connor is an early bird. Regardless of whether or not he is awake yet or not, when I peak into his room and wake him up he has a huge smile on his face and is so happy to see me! I love that time with him!


2. Connor loves to splash at bathtime, so much so that I have to change clothes after most of them. He also loves to throw his toys outside of the tub. Thanks Daddy for encouraging this, now it is all he wants to do!


3. Connor still isnt walking... I am not complaining in the least little bit, however Daddy really wants him to master this skill soon. He is trying to stand up on his own now, but doesnt have much balance to walk on his own just yet. Of course he loves to cruise around the furniture and wherever he can hold on to something.


4. Connors favorite food are hot dogs! It is considered a choking hazard but dont worry we cut it up in little bitty pieces and he goes to town. He can eat a whole hot dog in about 2 minutes flat. It is challenging to find quick things to feed him because of his allergies.


5. Connor sleeps through the night like a champ now! It is so exciting for us and I finally have the energy to exercise and get things done during the day. I feel like the woman before the baby now, it is great! He goes to bed at 9:00 and sleeps until 8:00 most days we are home. He also naps very well, taking one 3 hour nap and sometime a second one for 1 hour.


6. Connor loves to play ball! I guess it only makes sense because he comes from a family of ball players! He is doing pretty well retrieving and throwing to us and as of right now it looks like he might be a lefty! He is dominant with his left hand on most everything.


7. Connor is a big boy now and only uses a sippy cup! No more bottles! Now we have to work on the paci...


8. Connor's new favorite thing is to ride his 4-wheeler powerwheel all by himself! The only problem is that he hasnt mastered the steering yet. He goes until he runs into the wall and then he cries for us to come and turn him around.

Now I tag you...Lacy, Brandi, Miranda, Tabitha R., Tabitha B., Nikki, Heather, and Amanda to write something about your kids. I cant wait to read them. Thanks Carrie for starting the trend!

2 comments:

The Clifton Family said...

Thanks for the Pyzam.com info! I love playing around with the new backgrounds! This is starting to take up a LOT of my time. I will get right to the challenge you set forth with the tag!

Anonymous said...

tara- thank you for sharing...he is so cute.. in some pictures he looks so old!!