Thatcher's Story

Thatcher's Story
I didn't want this to get lost in my list of posts, so I am creating a place so that everyone can easily access this link. Please read this touching story about baby Thatcher, our friends son who was born with a rare liver disease and is in need of a liver transplant. Jessie has worked closely with Brad for over 4 years and I became friends with her while working at WSA until I left last spring. Thatcher was born a month before Braden and this story really hits home for me. When I look at Braden I think about how incredibly lucky I am. This could just as easily be our him going through this. Jessie will most likely be the living donor for Thatcher and they are in need of our prayers! I promise you will be touched by reading this story. Thanks!

Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Connor's 12 month pictures

Watch the slow transition from clean birthday boy to messy birthday boy! As you can see, Connor was way more interested in this cake than he was with the one at his birthday party! It is a "regular" cake with the good stuff (milk and eggs) and it doesnt have the consistency of cement. We thought it would be OK since it was just for pictures and he wouldnt really be eating a lot of it. He didnt break out at all- YEEAAHH! He was such a mess we had to wash him down in the bathroom sink before we left. Its OK though because you dont get to do this many times in your life. I love the way these pictures turned out. He made some of the cutest faces when he was playing with his cake. After it was over and the cake wasnt really edible for humans, so Connor gave it to the photographers 3 labs. They loved the special treat!










10 comments:

Heather Robinette said...

This is such a great idea for a one year photo! I'm sure he was a mess when all was said and done, but it looks like he had a great time!

Jeremy and Lacy said...

These are precious! I love that he kept looking up like, are you going to stop me because I'm getting ready to dive in! HA!

Darby said...

Love them! I'm glad he enjoyed this cake! Ha! I can't believe how long he kept this birthday hat on! The pictures are sooo good!

carriehayes said...

all of these are great! I don't know how you choose which ones to get...i bet your house is full of them!

Lindsey said...

what a great idea! i will have to remember that one :) he is TOO cute!

The Clifton Family said...

Connor is so cute! Great idea with the cake. I can't believe you found a photographer to let you do it! He looks like he had a ball!

Maranda said...

I love these pictures. I want to know who did them. It wasn't Courtney Marler was it? Just a shot. Well I am going to try the same thing with Brody this week. I will let you know if he does as good as Connor. It's great keeping up with you all on here!

Casey said...

He is the most adorable photogenic boy ever!! The pictures are great, I love the cake idea!!

Tara said...

Hey everyone! The photographer who we use is Mac Brown Photographers. I am sure that no one has heard of him since he is Lawrenceburg. He is one of the leading award winning photographers in the state. He is a retired school teacher and has built an incredible business. You can find him online, not sure what the website address is. We LOVE them!

Nikki said...

These are so great. He is turning into a little man! I am with Carrie, I don't see how you guys choose. I would just want them all.