Thatcher's Story

Thatcher's Story
I didn't want this to get lost in my list of posts, so I am creating a place so that everyone can easily access this link. Please read this touching story about baby Thatcher, our friends son who was born with a rare liver disease and is in need of a liver transplant. Jessie has worked closely with Brad for over 4 years and I became friends with her while working at WSA until I left last spring. Thatcher was born a month before Braden and this story really hits home for me. When I look at Braden I think about how incredibly lucky I am. This could just as easily be our him going through this. Jessie will most likely be the living donor for Thatcher and they are in need of our prayers! I promise you will be touched by reading this story. Thanks!

Thursday, December 13, 2007

Allergies...Aaaagghhh!




This morning I thought I would try some scrambled eggs for Connor's breakfast. I thought since he was almost a year old, it would be safe to try by now. He hasnt shown an allergic reaction to egg whites yet, since it is in a lot of baby food that he eats. I wanted to see what would happen since I am still trying to find an allergy wise birthday cake for Sunday. Well, as you can see he broke out in red blotches and hives and his eyes started to swell. This reaction is from him only touching it, since he didnt eat any because of the texture. I gave him Benadryl and it cleared up on an hour, but he was itching so bad I had to put Hydrocortisone on his face. These pictures were taken when the patches and hive started to clear up, it was much worse! I guess I am going to have to get a cookbook for milk and egg free food for the poor little guy.

4 comments:

carriehayes said...

oh tara!! i am soooo sorry! that is just horrible. i need to ask my aunt what she does...her little boy has all the same things. i really hope it all gets better as he gets older. i haven't tried eggs yet w/ hayden...i am just avoiding it. i hope you find a cake!!

Brett&Hillary said...

Oh poor Mr. Connor, you look so sad. Your little eyes look the sadest... I am sorry you do not feel good. Don't worry mommy is great at finding cool things, she will have you a great birthday cake you can eat!!!!

Uncle Brett and I will see you Sunday, and we can not wait!!!! We love you so much and hope you feel better soon...

Love, Aunt Hillary

Wadsworth Family- said...

Yikes! Lake is severly allergic to eggs as well. Jeff's sister gave him scrambled eggs while she was babysitting him and she called us in a panic! Our poor little boys.....Amanda

Darby said...

That is so sad!!! I can understand about allergies...bless his little heart!