Thatcher's Story

Thatcher's Story
I didn't want this to get lost in my list of posts, so I am creating a place so that everyone can easily access this link. Please read this touching story about baby Thatcher, our friends son who was born with a rare liver disease and is in need of a liver transplant. Jessie has worked closely with Brad for over 4 years and I became friends with her while working at WSA until I left last spring. Thatcher was born a month before Braden and this story really hits home for me. When I look at Braden I think about how incredibly lucky I am. This could just as easily be our him going through this. Jessie will most likely be the living donor for Thatcher and they are in need of our prayers! I promise you will be touched by reading this story. Thanks!

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

One Year ago Today







HAPPY 1ST BIRTHDAY TO CONNOR! Here are some pictures of what we were doing just one year ago... Connor came into the world at 7:49 p.m and we became blessed forever!

Since I am no poet (like my friend Carrie) here is a sweet poem that touched my heart.

Your 1st Birthday

Covered in cake and icing,
Your smile stretched ear to ear.
A single candle will celebrate,
The joy of your first year.

We sing Happy Birthday,
You play midst wrap and bows.
We marvel at how you touched our lives,
Just one year ago.

I remember the first time I held you,
Kissed your hand, whispered your name.
You’ve touched our lives forever,
Our hearts will never be the same.

Each year we’ll add another candle,
So proud to see you grow.
But always with the memory,
Of your first day long ago.
By: Terri Harrison

8 comments:

Jenn and Chris Looney said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jenn and Chris Looney said...

Loved your comment on my blog about your old neighbor :) Too funny. Congrats to you guys on such a precious little boy and Happy Birthday Connor!

The Rue Family said...

That poem is beautiful!

Owings Family said...

Happy Birthday Connor! He really did have a lot of hair when he was born! :)

Casey said...

Happy birthday Connor! He looks so cute in that stocking!! It's hard to believe that he's already one year old!

carriehayes said...

uh...those pics in the hospital make me think..."maybe i should wait a few more years before i do that again." ha! but the poem is so true!!! beautiful!

Brett&Hillary said...

Oh sweet Connor I remember this day very well!!! We were there waiting on you to come and it felt like eternity before you got here!! We were so excited and all rushed to the window to see you for the first time!!! Your mommy did great and man she made it look pretty easy….You are such a joy to have in our lives Connor and I am excitedly waiting to see how you will grow into a prefect little man!!!

We love you Little Connor!!!

Love Aunt Hillary and Uncle Brett

Nikki said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! It is so hard to believe how fast time flies. Sailor is almost 4 months. He is so cute and has changed so much. Love the poem. Can't wait to see pics from the party!