Thatcher's Story

Thatcher's Story
I didn't want this to get lost in my list of posts, so I am creating a place so that everyone can easily access this link. Please read this touching story about baby Thatcher, our friends son who was born with a rare liver disease and is in need of a liver transplant. Jessie has worked closely with Brad for over 4 years and I became friends with her while working at WSA until I left last spring. Thatcher was born a month before Braden and this story really hits home for me. When I look at Braden I think about how incredibly lucky I am. This could just as easily be our him going through this. Jessie will most likely be the living donor for Thatcher and they are in need of our prayers! I promise you will be touched by reading this story. Thanks!

Thursday, December 20, 2007

Christmas Vacation...YAHOO!!

Today started my Christmas vacation! It is so nice to know that I don't have to return to work until the Thursday after Christmas! Brad is off too, which makes it even better since I will have the extra help with Connor so I can do some things I want and need to do, oh yeah and to just have him around! Ha! I thought it was going to be very relaxing until I realized all of the things that I have to do before Christmas. Today we had to go shopping for tomorrows pictures, then tomorrow are pictures. Saturday nothing is going on which is GREAT, and Sunday starts the Christmas festivities. We will be going to my parents house to celebrate with them and my Aunt Linda (moms sister) , Uncle Ron, Ronnie and Ryan. Brett will also be there, however we will miss Hillary! She is going to be in Memphis with her Dad for Christmas, but we will see her after for sure! On Monday (Christmas Eve) we will be having Brads parents, An Am, and Pete down at our house. It will be nice to be at home to see Connor experience his first visit from Santa. Last year he was only a week old, so needless to say we didn't get into it. I feel like this is my first Christmas in a while since last year was such a blur! However, I have such sweet memories of Connor last year in his hospital in his Christmas stocking and then of course my favorite picture of him bundled up in his car seat on his way to my grandparents on Christmas Day (which is posted below). Christmas has always been my favorite holiday but I think having a Christmas baby has made it even more special to me.

2 comments:

The Davis Family said...

That is the sweetest picture ever!

Brett&Hillary said...

Merry Christmas to you guys!! I will miss you guys, but you are right I will see you shortly after!!!

I agree being a Christmas baby myself, there is something special about it!!! I do not dislike my birthday at all and I know Connor will not either... There is just something so cool about having your birthday at this time of year!!!


Love you guys and see you soon!!!