Thatcher's Story

Thatcher's Story
I didn't want this to get lost in my list of posts, so I am creating a place so that everyone can easily access this link. Please read this touching story about baby Thatcher, our friends son who was born with a rare liver disease and is in need of a liver transplant. Jessie has worked closely with Brad for over 4 years and I became friends with her while working at WSA until I left last spring. Thatcher was born a month before Braden and this story really hits home for me. When I look at Braden I think about how incredibly lucky I am. This could just as easily be our him going through this. Jessie will most likely be the living donor for Thatcher and they are in need of our prayers! I promise you will be touched by reading this story. Thanks!

Monday, December 3, 2007

A weekend with Grannie and Pops

Connor loves this "old fashioned" toy that his Pops got him.
Hamming it up with Grannie at lunchtime! Finally a shot of the teeth!
Not sure what scared him for this picture...
Da-Da's "BIG" birthday present!Yummm, a Snickers ice cream football cake! I love my Grannie's dancing Santa!!!!
Ok, how is he doing that??
We delayed our trip to Grannie and Pops till this past weekend. We were going to go Thanksgiving weekend, but since the Day (Grannie's side) Christmas was scheduled for last Sunday we decided to wait so we wouldnt be traveling 2 weekends in a row. We had a great trip! On Saturday, we relaxed at Grannie and Pops on the lake and watched the game which was a real heartbreaker. I really thought that UT would pull it off this time. We also got to visit with An Am, Pete, and Great Aunt Susie. Connor enjoyed playing and discovering new things. He wasnt crawling very well last time we visited so this time he could really get into things! Also, since Daddy's birthday is on Wednesday we celebrated early on Saturday with some cake. On Sunday we spent the afternoon at the nursing home in Maryville for the Day family Christmas, as you saw from the other post.
Thanks for the great visit you guys! We cant wait to see you here in 2 weeks at the big birthday party! We love you guys!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great weekend! We so love having all of you at home in good old Rockwood. I think even Pete is getting used to it. You forgot to mention that Brad bagged a real trophy with Connor's rifle. Pops will love checking to see if the boat will float with a bullet hole in it! Can't wait to see you all again. Love, Grannie

Lindsey said...

tara he is getting so big i cant believe it!

Courtney said...

Conner looks so cute in these pics. His eyes are always wide with wonder. I love the ones of him checking out the dancing Santa!!