Thatcher's Story

Thatcher's Story
I didn't want this to get lost in my list of posts, so I am creating a place so that everyone can easily access this link. Please read this touching story about baby Thatcher, our friends son who was born with a rare liver disease and is in need of a liver transplant. Jessie has worked closely with Brad for over 4 years and I became friends with her while working at WSA until I left last spring. Thatcher was born a month before Braden and this story really hits home for me. When I look at Braden I think about how incredibly lucky I am. This could just as easily be our him going through this. Jessie will most likely be the living donor for Thatcher and they are in need of our prayers! I promise you will be touched by reading this story. Thanks!

Friday, December 28, 2007

A few more birthday presents...

On the Thursday night before Christmas An Am and Pete came down to spend the night before they left for Pennsylvania the next morning. Since they didnt get to come to Connors party because Amanda had a virus, they brought his birthday gifts for him to open. Connor got an Tickle Me Elmo X-Treme and his very own rocking chair! Elmo has kept us laughing since. It is so amazing that they could engineer something like this. It has all of these secret combinations that you have to try to figure out to make him do something different. Connor isnt sure what to think about it just yet. He is scared of it, he just looks very seriously at Elmo and then at us. This goes back and forth until Elmo has finished laughing. It amazes me that he stands up no matter where he is at the end. I am not sure if this toy is really for children or for adults! Ha! The rocking chair is so cute. It is the perfect size for him and it folds up which is great for storage. As soon as we sat Connor in it he started rocking away like he had done it a million times before. See the video below...

Thanks An Am and Pete! I love my new toys!

3 comments:

Jenn and Chris Looney said...

Hi Tara! I got the Nashville prints at Barnes and Noble on West End, across from Centennial Park. I think any Barnes and Noble in Nashville should carry them. Other places carry them, already framed, but they are ridiculously expensive, so I bought them and framed them in some frames from Hobby Lobby. Much more economical :) And they are so cute!

Jeremy and Lacy said...

I love that Elmo, that is so amazing. It is hard for those toys to stand on carpet too...so that makes it even more amazing. I love to see him rocking! He is just so big!

Nikki said...

That is sooo cute. Sailor got the same Elmo. I'll have to try and get some pictures of her watching it. Love the Rocking chair what a great gift!