Thatcher's Story

Thatcher's Story
I didn't want this to get lost in my list of posts, so I am creating a place so that everyone can easily access this link. Please read this touching story about baby Thatcher, our friends son who was born with a rare liver disease and is in need of a liver transplant. Jessie has worked closely with Brad for over 4 years and I became friends with her while working at WSA until I left last spring. Thatcher was born a month before Braden and this story really hits home for me. When I look at Braden I think about how incredibly lucky I am. This could just as easily be our him going through this. Jessie will most likely be the living donor for Thatcher and they are in need of our prayers! I promise you will be touched by reading this story. Thanks!

Monday, December 10, 2007

The pros and cons of Dirty Santa

Our office Christmas party was on Saturday night. We had a nice dinner and everyone participated in playing Dirty Santa. For those of you who dont know, this is a very fun game but it can become serious and some people play it maliciously! You buy a gift (usually you have a set amount that you spend) and wrap it up. It is placed in a pile with other gifts and you draw numbers. Number 1 is the best number to get because you pick a gift then you can see all of the other gifts that people have opened and you get the last chance to steal the gift that you want at the very end. Number 2 is the worst number because people have the opportunity to steal your gift through out the whole game. Well, I guess you see where I am going with this. I got #2!!! I have only played this little game a couple of times and didnt realize that this was a bad thing. As soon as I drew the number I got excited and Brad immediately started laughing because he KNEW that it wasnt good! I thought to myself what is the worst thing that I could possible get! Well, I never would have imagined that I would return home with... I am not going to give it away. You have to watch the video first! The funny thing is that Brad actually got something that I wanted and we ended up switching. Brad didnt really want my gift, but he knew that Connor would love it so he was pretty excited about it. Maybe I am too selfish! Ha!! I laughed until I cried after opening it! If nothing else, it was worth this. I havent laughed that hard in a long time. Connor as you will see is quite intrigued by it! He doesnt show you in the video but he usually dances! So cute! Oh, by the way the gift that Brad got was silver reindeer stocking holders. I didnt have any, so I was very excited about this one! There is a daddy deer, mama deer, and a baby deer. How perfect! It will work until the next one comes along anyway. They look very pretty on our mantle and no more tacky tacks (no pun intended).

We seriously thought of re gifting this to my brother for Christmas this year. I think it would be perfect for him! What do you think? For those of you that dont know he has taken a liking to this sport this year.

s

6 comments:

carriehayes said...

that is hilarious, tara! what a gift!

Courtney said...

That is so awful it's funny!! Lucky for you Brad was willing to trade!

Nikki said...

I have seen these at the store. I thought they were just awful of course I am against killing anything willingly. It is very cute though that Connor is enjoying it.

Anonymous said...

I love Connor's last expression! And yes, how fitting it would for Brett this year but I'm sure Hillary would prefer you not to encourage him. She is already trying to find a way to hide the 8 point he wants to get mounted ...

Keep enjoying that wonderful little boy!

Lydia

Darby said...

Too cute! Connor looks so old in this video...could be because he is almost 1!!! I can't wait to see yall this weekend!

Lindsey said...

i have seen that thing before and JR just loved it. i think it would be great for brett for sure ha!