Thatcher's Story

Thatcher's Story
I didn't want this to get lost in my list of posts, so I am creating a place so that everyone can easily access this link. Please read this touching story about baby Thatcher, our friends son who was born with a rare liver disease and is in need of a liver transplant. Jessie has worked closely with Brad for over 4 years and I became friends with her while working at WSA until I left last spring. Thatcher was born a month before Braden and this story really hits home for me. When I look at Braden I think about how incredibly lucky I am. This could just as easily be our him going through this. Jessie will most likely be the living donor for Thatcher and they are in need of our prayers! I promise you will be touched by reading this story. Thanks!

Friday, December 7, 2007

Family Heirloom




After cleaning off the dirt and dust from the highchair that has been in the attic "all these years", Connor got to use his Mommy's old highchair for the first time. I will have to say that after using ours, it works a lot differently and I am sure it doesnt meet all of the safety requirements that they require these days. However, it will work just fine when we visit Nonna's house. Mom, I already know what you are thinking, "If you and Brett survived then Connor will be just fine." You are right. I actually like the look of the wooden high chairs better and I wanted one myself. I just thought it would be better to get one that could roll and adjust more easily.


Anyway, here are some pictures of Connor and Grandy with their Santa hats on! Several years back, Dad started acting really crazy when Christmastime came around. He used to wear this hat all the time at home and play the Christmas music so loud that I would have to go to my room to escape. I am sure it drove me crazy at the time, being embarrassed in front of friends but it is a great memory nonetheless. Ho Ho Ho!!!

1 comments:

Darby said...

That's too fun that Connor is using the heirloom highchair. I love the picture of Connor and your dad with Connor inspecting your dad's hat! Too cute! I can't wait to see everybody!!!