Thatcher's Story

Thatcher's Story
I didn't want this to get lost in my list of posts, so I am creating a place so that everyone can easily access this link. Please read this touching story about baby Thatcher, our friends son who was born with a rare liver disease and is in need of a liver transplant. Jessie has worked closely with Brad for over 4 years and I became friends with her while working at WSA until I left last spring. Thatcher was born a month before Braden and this story really hits home for me. When I look at Braden I think about how incredibly lucky I am. This could just as easily be our him going through this. Jessie will most likely be the living donor for Thatcher and they are in need of our prayers! I promise you will be touched by reading this story. Thanks!

Friday, August 22, 2008

Connor gets an unexpected gift from Daddy!

As many of you know, Connor has really taken to golf and it seems like it is all he wants to do. For example-last night Connor found a pen on the floor that I had been using and picked it up and swung it like a golf club! He watches golf and even his plastic baseball bat is a golf club to him. My Dad is trying hard to correct this! LOL Since Connor knows the difference between real clubs and plastic clubs and definitely has a real interest in it, we had decided that we would get him his own set for his birthday or Christmas in December. Well, Connor got them a little early because Daddy who placed second in a golf tournament this week got a gift certificate at a golf store and decided to spend it on him to get his first official set of golf clubs. Brad was so excited and proud and couldnt wait to get home to give them to Connor. We kept telling Connor he had a surprise and he was so excited when Daddy was pulling them out of the box! I told Brad that we were going to have to make a rule that the plastic clubs could stay inside but these would have to be used ONLY OUTSIDE. I can just see my hardwoods dented and scratched and the glass being broken out of our TV cabinet and patio door. Needless to say we immediately retreated to the front yard to have a little golf lesson by Daddy for Connor. Connor had a blast! Here are some pictures of our night.
My skinny boy and his low riders!

4 comments:

carriehayes said...

so so cute! that last picture made me laugh!

Jeremy and Lacy said...

How cute! I love that he loves to golf! So good that he already has an interest in sports. The last pic was my favorite though!

Kandi said...

Too cute! Maybe Connor and Keira can play golf together one day

Josh, Tanya, Trence & Tripp said...

I am so excited for the day when we can get Trence some golf clubs. I think I am going to have to take some lessons so it can be a family affair. :)