Thatcher's Story

Thatcher's Story
I didn't want this to get lost in my list of posts, so I am creating a place so that everyone can easily access this link. Please read this touching story about baby Thatcher, our friends son who was born with a rare liver disease and is in need of a liver transplant. Jessie has worked closely with Brad for over 4 years and I became friends with her while working at WSA until I left last spring. Thatcher was born a month before Braden and this story really hits home for me. When I look at Braden I think about how incredibly lucky I am. This could just as easily be our him going through this. Jessie will most likely be the living donor for Thatcher and they are in need of our prayers! I promise you will be touched by reading this story. Thanks!

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

UPDATE

Connor is feeling much better. He is back to his old self again! He has slept two nights in a row. The blisters are still there, but I am hoping they will start going away SOON! The bad news is that I think "the disease" has found another host... ME. My throat has been sore since last night and seems to be getting worse. I just tried to swallow a bite of toast and it felt like I had eaten sandpaper. Mom just told me that ragweed is really high in our area and I seem to have a lot of problems with seasonal allergies. I have been out running a lot lately with the weather being so nice, so this would certainly make sense. I am truly hoping this is the case! Please pray that I don't wake up in the morning with red spots! Sore throat is the first symptom of HFMD. I'll keep ya posted!

2 comments:

Denira Baird Williams said...

aww, Tara this stink...I'll be praying for you all that you all start feeling better and all of this goes away!

Betty said...

Oh no..mom's are NOT allowed sick days...didn't you get the memo?
It HAS to be your "allergies".
This is all getting out of the way before y'alls big trip to Disney, I just know it! In the meantime...you, Connor, Brad and even Cooper are in our prayers for healthy (and wealthy days...I will will just put that out there,too) ahead ASAP!