Thatcher's Story

Thatcher's Story
I didn't want this to get lost in my list of posts, so I am creating a place so that everyone can easily access this link. Please read this touching story about baby Thatcher, our friends son who was born with a rare liver disease and is in need of a liver transplant. Jessie has worked closely with Brad for over 4 years and I became friends with her while working at WSA until I left last spring. Thatcher was born a month before Braden and this story really hits home for me. When I look at Braden I think about how incredibly lucky I am. This could just as easily be our him going through this. Jessie will most likely be the living donor for Thatcher and they are in need of our prayers! I promise you will be touched by reading this story. Thanks!

Thursday, August 14, 2008

My adorable son!


What a boy for ya! He looks like he is up to something!


He was determined to get "unstuck".This is my old wagon from my childhood. Mom and Dad drug it out of the attic and we washed it down. It is a little noisy rolling down the road, but it works! I love it even more since it has so much sentimental value! I have many memories in this old wagon. Darby, do you remember any?
Taking it apart.



There's the tongue again!



I LOVE this one!

And this one!
Are you taking pictures of ME?





Do you see what Connor is doing with the football? Golf, golf, golf... It has been so long since Connor has worn shoes because of his blisters, that he couldnt quit looking at them.
Picking up rocks...
and taking them to his compartment on his 4-wheeler. Back and forth he went for like 20 minutes. He was hard at work!

After returning from my exciting outing today (read the latter post) Connor and I got out of the car and decided the weather was too beautiful not to enjoy! What is with the weather lately? It is the best August that I can remember. It feels like October. There was a cool breeze and almost no humidity. It gets me thinking about fall, birthdays, and Christmas! I know it is a little early, but fall is almost amongst us and that means Brad/Connor's birthdays will be here before I know it. I have already started looking into what kind of party C will have. I know, can you tell I LOVE to plan things! Ok, back to what I was saying...Connor started playing in the rocks and I decided to get a few cookbooks and sit out there and decide what to fix for dinner. This will be the first time in several days that I have cooked. Dont worry, my hands are fine. The bumps are only red dots under the skin that tingle and prick but nothing like Connors.

I decided that I needed to grab the camera because I havent taken many pics lately. It is so hard for me to get pictures of Connor smiling these days. He is just too busy. I did get some pretty good ones though. Here are some of my favorites. Sorry if there are so many, I couldnt decide which ones to post!

8 comments:

Betty said...

What a sweet boy! We sure do miss him over at the Applehouse! I am so happy to hear that you are looking at this "disease" with "new eyes!" Those blisters are only temporary and will soon pass. I do however feel your pain-being it is flip-flop season.Hey-you did deserve that $5.00 coffee-but seriously who can afford that everyday? And, what a beautiful day! We spent pretty much the whole day outside,too! Nico loved the pics of Connor especially on his 4-wheeler, of course! Well, I could go on and on! Can't wait to get some of those sweet hugs from Connor, soon!!

Denira Baird Williams said...

You're so right....he is ADORABLE!!!!

Casey said...

Tara, he is adorable!! I love all of his facial expressions!! I would love to see you guys sometime!

The Davis Family said...

Those are really good Conner pics! He's getting cuter by the day!

Jeremy and Lacy said...

These pics are beautiful, you did a great job! That Connor is so precious! I can't wait to take some pics of him and Ki together! Hopefully we can work that out soon! Hilarious about Darby and the wagon. Do you know she is still scared to death everytime we take Ki on a wagon ride. She insists on walking behind just incase the wagon decides to turn over..I dont think she will ever get over it!

Nikki said...

These pictures are great. I love the ones on the 4 wheeler looking over his shoulder at you. It looks like he is flying!

Kandi said...

Love all the pics.....kids are so adorable on mini 4-wheelers and wagons.

Darby said...

I love the pictures...so cute!!! Yes..the wagon definitely brings back memories...very scary ones! Lacy is not kidding...I really am scared to death when Kiley gets in her wagon. I am not sure if I will ever get over it. Just make sure Connor wears a helmet when on a ride! Too funny!!!