Thatcher's Story

Thatcher's Story
I didn't want this to get lost in my list of posts, so I am creating a place so that everyone can easily access this link. Please read this touching story about baby Thatcher, our friends son who was born with a rare liver disease and is in need of a liver transplant. Jessie has worked closely with Brad for over 4 years and I became friends with her while working at WSA until I left last spring. Thatcher was born a month before Braden and this story really hits home for me. When I look at Braden I think about how incredibly lucky I am. This could just as easily be our him going through this. Jessie will most likely be the living donor for Thatcher and they are in need of our prayers! I promise you will be touched by reading this story. Thanks!

Friday, August 22, 2008

Purses, Dum Dums and good manners

As you can tell I am getting all of my posts out of the way before we leave for vacation. A lot has happened since I posted last. We got over the sickness that had taken over our household! Thank the Lord! I returned to work on Monday. Brad never got it which was good and I had a very mild case compared to Connors. My blisters never got very big and only lasted about 3 days before they started healing and they never went to the tops of my feet like they did Connors, so I am good to go for wearing all of my sandals in Florida! Yahoo! As you can tell, I was pretty worried. Connor still has signs of having it because his poor little feet are still getting better but it doesnt seem to bother him any.

To explain the title of this post on Tuesday Connor went into the laundry room and found one of my old purses that I wasnt using. He was carrying it around the house on his shoulder saying "bye bye". This doesnt bother me too much yet because he doesnt realize it is a purse that only little girls should carry. All he knows is that whenever Mama and Nonna go anywhere they carry a decent size bag with them. He had emptied the few remaining contents in the floor and entertained himself with that for quite a while. I was in the kitchen with the vacuum and he came towards me holding an unwrapped dum dum sucker that he apparently found in my purse. It must have been saved from the last doctors appointment that we had because I never carry these. Connor had that Im not sure if I am going to get in trouble or not look. I quickly said, "Connor, did you ask Mommy if you could have that?" He paused. He looked at his sucker and then back up at me and said...


"Tank Yu"!

At least he has some manners! LOL

I immediately started laughing. I just couldnt help myself. This next picture is the look I got when he got the feeling that it was OK.

2 comments:

carriehayes said...

i am so glad you all are better! have a GREAT vacation! you deserve it! i always have dum dums around...i prob. give H too much candy. Connor would love my purse :) love you!

Jeremy and Lacy said...

That boy of yours is hilarious! I love hearing about the things he does and says. I can't wait to check out Ms. Betty's blog to hear her stories too! Ki hasn't had a dum dum yet, maybe I should get her one. She is deprived! HA!