Thatcher's Story

Thatcher's Story
I didn't want this to get lost in my list of posts, so I am creating a place so that everyone can easily access this link. Please read this touching story about baby Thatcher, our friends son who was born with a rare liver disease and is in need of a liver transplant. Jessie has worked closely with Brad for over 4 years and I became friends with her while working at WSA until I left last spring. Thatcher was born a month before Braden and this story really hits home for me. When I look at Braden I think about how incredibly lucky I am. This could just as easily be our him going through this. Jessie will most likely be the living donor for Thatcher and they are in need of our prayers! I promise you will be touched by reading this story. Thanks!

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Talking up a storm!

Connor has been talking a lot for a while now, but it wasnt until recently that we actually were able to understand some of that verbage. He is starting to say 2 or 3 words together now like, COOPER BARKING or Pooper baakeen as he says it. He says this a lot because well... Cooper is always barking at something! However annoying it may be, I love hearing Connor say this so it isnt that bad! The other word that he says that cracks us up is SNACK. He will go to the pantry, point to the door and say...NAAAAAAAAAAACK. Seriously it goes on forever. He definitely has that southern draw for sure! Ha! This weekend he did start saying a word that isnt quite as cute, the word NO. My worst fear. As much as I have thought about how I needed to limit my use of this word, it is so hard to get around it. How do you communicate that you dont want them to do something other than to say no in a sentence? I am sure there are ways, but I am just not as capable. Right now as we speak, Connor is pressing buttons on the computer. He knows not to do this and what was the first thing that came out of my mouth? You guessed it, "NO Connor". Anyway, Connor now says NO all the time. It is a good thing when I am trying to figure out what he wants to eat, etc. However, sometimes he will tell me NO in a mean way and well, that just isnt acceptable. I am trying to tell him not to do this, but how do you help a 20 month old distinguish between when he should or should not say it. Oh the trials of motherhood...

4 comments:

Rachel@AllergenFreePlease said...

That's awesome...so funny! Brock said "no" for awhile all of the time and then moved on....don't worry. Brock now tells me "move mommy" when I am sitting where he wants to sit. Nice huh? :)

Tabitha said...

"No" is totally normal for them. I have this problem with Matthew so I try to say "stop" now. He also is going through the "MINE" phase. Everything is mine, mine, mine.

Nikki said...

That is so great. It sounds similar to how you guys and us learned to train our dogs. Positive reinforcement without the word no is hard!

Jeremy and Lacy said...

How exciting! I know it is nice to be able to understand him now! I was just reading an article on milestones yesterday and it was saying that right about his age they start saying no. It is good to show that his development is right on track now just hang in there until it wears off! HA!