Thatcher's Story

Thatcher's Story
I didn't want this to get lost in my list of posts, so I am creating a place so that everyone can easily access this link. Please read this touching story about baby Thatcher, our friends son who was born with a rare liver disease and is in need of a liver transplant. Jessie has worked closely with Brad for over 4 years and I became friends with her while working at WSA until I left last spring. Thatcher was born a month before Braden and this story really hits home for me. When I look at Braden I think about how incredibly lucky I am. This could just as easily be our him going through this. Jessie will most likely be the living donor for Thatcher and they are in need of our prayers! I promise you will be touched by reading this story. Thanks!

Friday, August 1, 2008

Blueberry Pickin'

This morning we got up bright and early and left to go pick blueberries at a farm in Franklin with friends Rachel and Brock. It was great to catch up with them and let the boys play. Brock is 3 months older than Connor and they havent been able to see each other much since we moved last October. (they lived a few houses down from us at our old house) We joked as we searched for berries about how we felt for the berry pickers and I can certainly understand why they are so expensive in the stores. It took us over an hour and a half to pick 1 pound of blueberries! They gave us a big bucket and I didnt think we would have to try that hard to fill it. There were clusters of berries at the very top, but it was hard to get to them so we picked as many as we could within reach. The boys were great! I forgot the camera and Rachels battery was dead so we didnt get any pics- bummer! I did take a few when we got home of our prized berries! Now, what to do with them... I love them fresh, but I will probably make some muffins. If you have any great recipes feel free to pass them along.



You would think from this next picture that Connor actually likes blueberries, but he wasnt too crazy about them today when we were picking them.

This picture is a little blurry but I had to put it on here to show you what a ham C is!


These are the flowers that I got for my birthday! Brad was out of town all week so it was just me and Connor. We had a good day!




This picture was taken last weekend when Grandy and Nonna came down to spend the night. They kept Connor for us so we could go out to dinner and see "The Dark Knight", which was excellent by the way!

And the next one is kind of random, but I thought it was so funny! Connor is reading the pamphlet with the list of channels for Dish Network. He looks just like a little man. Already he is becoming a little couch potato!

5 comments:

Jeremy and Lacy said...

Tara! He is the cutest with the blueberries. What a ham!!

Kandi said...

Love the pics with the bluberries! My two are also becoming couch potatoes, which I do not like. Keira can even zone us out at times with certain shows on the Noggin channel.

Rachel@AllergenFreePlease said...

Hey Tara,
Thanks for going the other day. It was fun. I still can't believe all of that work for 1 lb of blueberries :) We will have to get the boys together soon for a play date. I guess I will have to take a picture of Brock holding blueberries like you did with Connor...can't believe my camera battery died! Oh well :)

Anonymous said...

I am interested in finding out where this farm in Franklin is to pick blueberries. I've been making a ton of blueberry recipes lately and live in Nashville, and would love to pick my own blueberries!

Ashley said...

He is too cute!