Thatcher's Story

Thatcher's Story
I didn't want this to get lost in my list of posts, so I am creating a place so that everyone can easily access this link. Please read this touching story about baby Thatcher, our friends son who was born with a rare liver disease and is in need of a liver transplant. Jessie has worked closely with Brad for over 4 years and I became friends with her while working at WSA until I left last spring. Thatcher was born a month before Braden and this story really hits home for me. When I look at Braden I think about how incredibly lucky I am. This could just as easily be our him going through this. Jessie will most likely be the living donor for Thatcher and they are in need of our prayers! I promise you will be touched by reading this story. Thanks!

Monday, August 4, 2008

Watch out Tiger Woods!

I think our little boy has decided at a very early age what sport he really wants to pursue...GOLF! He absolutely loves it! Brad has always been a pretty skilled golfer and didnt do it much after we got married because of well...time and money. It isnt a cheap sport by any means, especially in Nashville. Brad has been fortunate enough to get to play a lot for work (yes, I know it isnt really work but he does actually get paid to take clients out there). He does actually work a lot too, its not all play! Anyway, my point to all of this is that we have been spending some time in golf stores in the area and we always take Connor in to play with the clubs. They actually have a set that is for 2-5 year olds and it is so adorable to see him with "real" clubs in his very own size. Connor is pretty good, if I do say so myself (well for an 19 month old I guess). Brad assures me that he will have to get some for Christmas, that his plastic Snoopy set just wont do. I probably wouldnt go for this, but you can really tell that Connor loves it. He will cry when we have to leave the store, and he has even taken to watching it on TV. I cant believe that my son has taken to watching something so boring as golf! After the pros take a swing, Connor will imitate it and must have full sound effects. You can kind of hear it in the video but the air conditioner is kind of loud, so listen closely. Brad showed him the proper stance and swing this weekend and he has done pretty good to imitate it so far. Brad told me that Tiger started playing at 2 and it is not to early to be teaching him the skills. Connor really does better playing inside, since the grass is too tall to hit balls with plastic clubs and he isnt skilled enough to hit it off of tees. (Yes, his Snoopy set came with tees, can you believe that?) I am not sure who was more proud of their swing, Connor or Nonna!

1 comments:

Jeremy and Lacy said...

So cute! Yes, I agree, he is very good for his age. He might be your retirement plan too! :)