Thatcher's Story

Thatcher's Story
I didn't want this to get lost in my list of posts, so I am creating a place so that everyone can easily access this link. Please read this touching story about baby Thatcher, our friends son who was born with a rare liver disease and is in need of a liver transplant. Jessie has worked closely with Brad for over 4 years and I became friends with her while working at WSA until I left last spring. Thatcher was born a month before Braden and this story really hits home for me. When I look at Braden I think about how incredibly lucky I am. This could just as easily be our him going through this. Jessie will most likely be the living donor for Thatcher and they are in need of our prayers! I promise you will be touched by reading this story. Thanks!

Thursday, August 7, 2008

Introducing baby Lily!


Remember the "ugliest cake you've ever seen" from a few months ago? Well, this is the real life version "Lily"! She was born on July 30th, and was a whopping 9 pounds! And just so you know she is beautiful and way prettier than that ugly cake! Jessie, Rebecca, and I went to the hospital to visit them and I tried not to be a baby hog the whole time. However, it was very hard! Connor wasnt even 8 pounds when he was born and I still cant remember him being this small. Dont I just look so good holding a girl with a little bow! Hint, hint... Ha Ha! Maybe sometime in the future, however I just have this feeling I am destined to have all boys which would be fine with me because nothing is better than a Mama's boy! I was telling Rebecca that they stick those bows on with Vaseline and she was completely mortified! Ha! Mother and baby are doing great!

4 comments:

Heather Robinette said...

How sweet!!! What a head full of hair. I'm always amazed because neither of my boys had any!!!

Wendy and Brad said...

I know Jessie. Such a small world!!! We need to get together soon. I actually have some free time now that the wedding is over!!

Rachel@AllergenFreePlease said...

So sweet. Your post about the cake was hilarious. I was almost in tears laughing!!!!!!

Betty said...

Just soo you know...it is KY jelly they use to stick those bows on their pretty little heads. Ask me later about a funny little story on that! And...you do look cute holding that sweet baby!