Thatcher's Story

Thatcher's Story
I didn't want this to get lost in my list of posts, so I am creating a place so that everyone can easily access this link. Please read this touching story about baby Thatcher, our friends son who was born with a rare liver disease and is in need of a liver transplant. Jessie has worked closely with Brad for over 4 years and I became friends with her while working at WSA until I left last spring. Thatcher was born a month before Braden and this story really hits home for me. When I look at Braden I think about how incredibly lucky I am. This could just as easily be our him going through this. Jessie will most likely be the living donor for Thatcher and they are in need of our prayers! I promise you will be touched by reading this story. Thanks!

Friday, August 22, 2008

Let the magic begin...



This will be my last post until we get back from vacation. It has been a crazy week trying to prepare and I have been packing and making all kinds of trips to different places to pick up all of those needed supplies for theme parks...panchos, snacks, disposable bibs, travel size sunscreen, hand wipes the list goes on and on. I feel like I have seriously packed the entire house in my suitcase and it will be an act of congress for it not to exceed the weight limit at the airport. We may just have to tack on that $25 fee! Despite the dreaded packing which I never like doing, we are so EXCITED about our vacation! Connor is really into Mickey Mouse now and gives his Mickey doll a big kiss every night! There are pictures below of that. It is always open mouth and planted right on his nose. Ha! I have made out a schedule for every day and I think Brad is beginning to wonder who the real Planner is in the house. For those of you who dont know, this is Brads occupation... city planner. I guess you could say, we are ready! Be ready for plenty of pictures when we return! Bye for now. I will miss all of my blogger friends!

I love ya, Mickey!

Connor is reading his Mickey Mouse Clubhouse book intently.

7 comments:

Ashley said...

Have so much fun. I know it will be a very memorable trip. I loved going to Disney World when I was a kid!

Lindsey said...

Have fun on your vacation! I know it will be a blast :)

Jeremy and Lacy said...

I love the pics of Connor, and am soooo excited for you. I wish we were still in Jax, so we could drive down and meet you one day! I hope you have a great time and expect at least a five minute montage of pics when you get back! HA!

Betty said...

I am so happy the big magical day to see Micky and friends is finally here! You guys deserve to have fun, fun and more fun! I cannot wait to see all the pics and to read all the stories behind the magic of Disney!!! We will miss you and look forward to Connor joining the cast of Ms.Betty's wild and wacky boys soon!

Betty said...

Ok, I spelled Mickey wrong. Still learning how to edit before publishing. I digress...

Kandi said...

How exciting for you all. Have an awesome time.

Rachel@AllergenFreePlease said...

SO cute (pics w/ Mickey). Have a great time. I am sure Connor will LOVE it! Can't wait to see pics!